The new tunes on the radio

Ok.. the part of the car that had to be changed for the trip was the old school tape player and crackly radio amplifier. Thankfully when I was picking up the car from the mechanics before leaving Melbourne, I mentioned we needed a replacement radio. The mechanic said "well there's a blue Magna around the corner with a CD player in it that's going to the wreckers tomorrow, you're welcome to that" and handed me a screw driver and a crowbar. Thanks Auto Mechanics of Northcote. Your company name might not be the most imaginative, but your service and support is rad.

After dicking around with it at Sam and Sal's place for a while, this morning Ben and I drove up Parramatta road in search of an Auto electrician to help. The first guys were useless, but the dudes at Jaycar were really helpful. After 30 minutes we got it working, and as we drove off triumphantly to our theme tune "Bound for Glory" by Angry Anderson, I completely forgot that I left my hat on the roof, only realising I didn't have it 5kms up the road. We went back and I am now the proud owner of a hat with a large tyre mark on it.
The rest of the day was pretty similar, but thankfully we got everything done and sorted.
And now Triple J are following us on the shitbox - Check out their page here: LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment